[devel.cofsug] Re: RFP: sahana -- free and open source disaster management system

  • From: Vasudev Kamath <kamathvasudev@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: devel.cofsug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 09:15:38 +0530

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 8:17 AM, Sana Khan <sanakhan2011@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Can I take the Python version?
> We are studying Python as a part of our course.
> So I could learn a little out of it  :)
>
> Also since there's no RFP, how do we go about it?

Sure you can take it for packaging. First go through the installation guide
lines http://eden.sahanafoundation.org/wiki/InstallationGuidelinesLinux Get
the latest source code from the launchpad.

Here is IRC log from Debian women channel on python packaging
http://meetbot.debian.net/debian-women/2010/debian-women.2010-12-02-20.02.log.html.
You should learn guidelines for python application packaging (second
example in irc log).

If you feel its difficult you can have a 2-3 people team for working on this

Thanks and Regards
--

Vasudev Kamath
http://vasudevkamath.blogspot.com