[delphizip] Re: Posted Beta of new ZipMaster Version

  • From: "Russell Peters" <russellpeters@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <delphizip@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 07:27:14 +1100

All saved separately (and together each month).
Have more plans for the versioning code -
if instead of appending an extra extension you append a time coded section
to the path it would improve things
ie
\Delphi\Zip\17200\ZipMstr.pas
would be stored as (assuming some time codes are #!TIME!# ,#!ANOTHER!#)
\Delphi\Zip\17200\#!TIME!#\ZipMstr.pas
\Delphi\Zip\17200\#!ANOTHER!#\ZipMstr.pas

this would make it so you can list files and versions easily - also if you
extract them with a normal program they will be put separately (just have to
remove what you don't want)
The time code would be the date/time (of start of save) converted to int
(could use dos time) expressed base 36 (0..9,A..Z)
This should be easier to implement!
- Russell