[ddots-l] Re: volume/panning problem

  • From: Bryan Smart <bryansmart@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 19:52:56 -0400

The arrow keys aren't used for changing volume/pan/etc. They're used for
navigating around the track pane.

To change track pane parameters like volume, pan, bank, patch, trim, key, time
offset, etc, you can:

1. Press enter and type the new value.
2. Use the [ and ] keys to change the control's value by +1 or -1.
3. Use the keypad value change keys. See the CT tutorial or insert+h hotkey
help for them.

Bryan

On Aug 30, 2011, at 3:24 PM, Henrik Leander wrote:

When I press enter to change the volume, I can write the value with numbers and
press enter. Then the volume changes. But while trying to arrow around there it
jumps to the volume of the next track. And its exactly the same with the
panning. I can write 25l manually after I pressed enter, but I can’t go with
the arrow keys.
It doesn’t matter if I refresh the screen with f6. The screen resolution is
right.
I followed all instructions about changes in Windows.

I also have another problem that maybe could be linked to the other one. If I
solo, mute or arm a few tracks and I want to unsolo/unarm all tracks and I
press the key 3 times, it doesn’t make anything change. I will only be able to
unsolo/unmute/unarm the track where the cursor is.

Apart from that, It works just fine to browse around in the track view. Its no
problem to add effects and control them for example.

Best /Henrik