[ddots-l] Re: studio setups?

  • From: "Darren H" <darren@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 May 2010 11:08:36 +0100

Hi Chris.

Here's what I use, but it should be noted I do most electronic/ambient stuff, so do not require a lot of different mics etc.

Hardware...

Novation Remote SL MK2 midi controller keyboard.
Roland VP-550 harmony and vocoda keyboard.
Jackson Electric guitar
Roland VP99 guitar modelling processor
TC Helicon VoiceLive 2 vocal processor.
Elesis MK2 near field monitors
Music computer, not used for anything else.

Software...

Sonar 8.5 producer with the CakeTalking scripts.

Soft Synths...

Spectrasonics Omnisphere
Spectrasonics Trilian
Spectrasonics Stylus RMX
Toontrack Superior Drummer 2.
Toontrack Vintage rock, Drumkit from Hell, Pop/rock, Latin, Nashville and Electronic expansions for EZ Drummer.
East West Quantem leap's Ministry of Rock
Lenner Digital's Sylenth2 Synthe
ReFX Vangard Synth
Native Instruments FM7

Plus others, but only used rarely.

The studio is set up in the office space so there is no extra control room etc.

I do all my recording through headfones and only use the monitors when doing final mixing.

Hope that's the kind of info you're looking for.

Cheers
Darren

If you like electronic, ambient, new age or atmospheric music, become a fan of The Karmistry Project on Facebook...
http://facebook.karmistryproject.com

You can also follow Karmistry Media on Twitter...
http://www.twitter.com/Karmistrymedia

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chris Harrington" <charrington7@xxxxxxxxx>