[ddots-l] sound card

  • From: "Paul Erkens" <pje@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Feb 2007 12:04:59 +0100

Hi dancing dots team,

I currently have an m-audio delta-44, which is fantastic for what I do. 4 in, 4 out, but I only need 2 in 2 out. I saw your recommendation on your site for this delta card, and since I purchased it, I have not regretted it a single day. It's a wonderful box to work with.

What I would like now, is something equally good for my laptop. It has USB and firewire, and of course pcmcia. If I want a card with 2 analog in, 2 analog out, a microphone preamp and a 1 in 1 out midi interface, which card is good for this job? I need a basic thing, but hopefully with a quality as good as the m-audio delta 44. Any advice?

Paul.