[ddots-l] Re: problems with soft syths and external Sound Card.

  • From: "Tim Burgess" <tim@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2009 19:40:13 -0000

Hi,

Things to check on the UA25Ex if you're getting no joy with Sonar (I've
built the settings into a layout diagram).  It's very important to know
that, if you change any rear panel switch settings, you have to disconnect
and then reconnect the USB for the driver to take note of the change:

With the back panel facing you, working from the left:
Main outputs
Next to 1/4" outs is the ground lift switch (above the optical I/O):
left=normal, right=lift
MIDI Out, left, MIDI In, right
sample rate (left = 44.1, 48, 96 Play, right = 96k Record) - set this to
44.1kHz

to the left of the sample rate switch is the Advanced Mode on/off (set to
"on" = left-hand position)
phantom power to the right advanced switch left=on
Above phantom power = compressor/limiter (left=compressor 2, compressor 1,
limit, bypass=right)
digital - out is left
audio out - left is right and vice versa

Front panel:
Inputs are line level on jack, pre-amped on XLR
high z above sensitivity switch on input 2

To the right of the high-z button, there is the compression threshold knob

digital on/off is in/out
switches above volume:
left button is mono on/off for monitoring
right is software monitoring - not needed for WDM drivers

I've got to say that the Edirol setup program can be extremely
temperamental, so it's worth keep installing it again and again sometimes.

Best wishes.

Tim Burgess
Raised Bar Ltd
Phone:  +44 (0)1827 719822