[ddots-l] Re: problem with new sonar patch

  • From: russell Bourgoin <rusty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 10:07:39 -0400

Hello folks,

I spent a night fiddling. I felt like I was back at ma bell, running disaster recovery tests all night. Basically, I did the following:

I un installed caketalk 4.03. I un installed sonar 4.02 with add/remove programs. I had a sighted friend over at 8 this morning to help me go through the registry to delete all references of cakewalk and sonar. I then re installed sonar producer 4.01, the version that shipped on my cd. I then installed the 4.02 patch. I then installed the 4.03 patch. Finally, I re installed caketalking. I opened sonar and ran the test called up with control f12. Nothing yelled at me until I tried opening a project. It opened but there were missing plug ins that were referenced in the project, namely reverb on a vocal track, and bass played with a soft synth. I was told that if I had opened the project in quote unquote safe mode the effects would be lost. I, with baited breath and hammer heart, pressed the space bar. I got some sound, very strong reverb and some sort of feedback loop with bits and pieces of my guitar track playing. So, somehow before Thursday evening, I've got to get this thing running correctly again. Any ideas?

Rusty
> At 07:35 AM 8/1/2005, W. Nick Dotson spake thusly:-
It's really sounding to me, as a person who makes diagnostics for a living, like a function of installation order, what's installed when, and, hardware base...

Nick