To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, July 31, 2005 10:00 PM
Subject: [ddots-l] Re: problem with new sonar patch

Hello omar and everybody else:
Well, I was hoping it wasn't going to come to this. On my xp pro machine, the sonar 4.03 does not run. It exhibits the same behavior that Omar has just described. I spent many hours while this was in beta trying all sorts of combinations of uninstalling with and without jaws loaded, removing other synths and plug-ins, etc. The folks at cakewalk gave me a few suggestions to try too, but I never did get it to work. They thought it was due to a faulty 4.02 patch that I might have gotten my hands on, but this is not the case. Mike mandel also had the same problem, but for some reason he was able to get it working. He completely uninstalled his entire cakewalk directory, removed all registry keys that had to do with cakewalk and then reinstalled sonar 4. I really wantedt to avoid doing that, but I think once I get my new machine fully operational (4.03 works fine on this machine), I'll go to that extreme. The new machine never had anything on it earlier than Sonar 4. For anyone who experiences this problem, the only solution is to uninstall sonar and reinstall, patching it up only to 4.02. I am very sorry that this is happening to others besides me. I hdad chalked it up to the fact that both Mike and I have so much crap on our systems that something else may have amade it go awry. We were both running betas of gigastudio, and both had project 5 version 2. Omar, what OS do you have on your system?
Gord
----- Original Message ----- From: "omar binno" <omarbinno@xxxxxxxxx>