[ddots-l] Re: head phone amp

  • From: "Phil Muir" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 17:37:53 +0100

O yeh!  You need to be really careful for sure!  I have a friend who pulled
out a mains plug, thinking that they were just disconnecting there guitar
amp when in fact, they were pulling the power on all of the power amps that
were supplying a 5K system.  That little accident fried a tweeter on one of
my EV SX200's which, they were using for the on stage monitoring and also
fried a tweeter on a separate on stage monitor.  Apparently, there was quite
a pop when he did that.  The good people who service EV here in the UK, said
they had never seen speaker damage like it!

Regards, Phil Muir
Accessibility Training
Telephone: US (615) 713-2021
UK +44-1747-821-794