[ddots-l] Re: TDM, RTAS and VST

  • From: "D!J!X!" <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 11:42:46 -0400

It all depends. There's really no difference in terms of performance, there
might be a stability issue, but that is not because of the platform, but
more of the programmers who code the plugs. The only reason I make choices
between one and the other is for accessibility reasons. The older stuff for
example is accessible using the track properties/bank/patch method for
acessing presets as a DXI, while the VST's rarely work with this method.
Sometimes I've found for certain  plugs (native instruments comes to mind)
where the interface is a bit more jaws friendly to use with the jaws cursor,
or things work in the DXI version that don't work in the VST version of the
synths; E.G. absynth 3 has a enable bank switch button that let's you switch
banks and patches using the track properties. I can enable it and use it on
the DXI version, but not on the VST version of the plug. Of course nowadays
most of this stuff is irrelevant, but just giving you the different
scenarios...

HTH, D!J!X!