[ddots-l] Taking Music Theory Tests?

  • From: "Brandon Keith" <brandonboy13@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2010 21:41:55 -0800

Hello,
I'm in a quandary. I just submitted an application to Oberlin school of music
and they told me I needed to take a placement test before December first.
I wasn't expecting any music theory tests until February, so I haven't asked
DOR to get Goodfeel and that tri-package yet. I'm wondering if there is any way
I can take this test.
I can ask for an extension on it, but I'd rather not jeopardize my opportunity
of acceptance by giving the impression of not being prepared.
I know basic music Braille, but I can do a crash course in music Braille over
the next two weeks, but I have all Christmas break set aside for working on
this Braille course.
I'm wondering if there is any way I can get this in Braille? Or should I learn
the print and do the test on a whiteboard (my vision is 2600 21400, so I can
see like 200 font if someone writes it)? or should I take a chance and let them
know of the situation?
DOR said "There is no way we would be able to get this order and sent to you in
enough time for you to prepare for a test as of December 1" So I'm wondering if
you guys know what plan of action would be most prudent?
Thank you,

Brandon Keith

Check out
MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/brandonkeithcom