[ddots-l] Re: Return of the Rhoads electric piano??

  • From: "Gordon Kent" <dbmusic@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 13:06:47 -0500

Well, keep in mind that the grass always looks greener on the other side. Remember the broken tines, the hassle of keeping it in tune, the often intolerable grounding problems, and the general inconsistency from one note to another? Unless they have drastically improved the mechanics without compromising the sound, I don't think it is worth it. The newer rhodes's that used the plastic hammers never had that bite and edge that the ones in the '70's had.

Gord
----- Original Message ----- From: "Matthew McLaren" <mattymc2@xxxxxxxxxx>