[ddots-l] O.T. Reinstalling updated driver for USB device and JAWS

  • From: "Kevin Gibbs" <kevjazz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 12:48:33 -0600

Guys,
    I own a Novation Remote Zero SL control surface.  It's a great box that
I will recommend after they give it just a little more accessibility.  My
question is this:
    I also have a TranzPort.  I seem to recall that, like the FW1884,
installing drivers for the TranzPort and the Novation alters JAWS behavior
and, as I recall, the solution is something about detaching the TranzPort
whenever you update/reinstall any drivers for any other USB device so you
don't alter your JAWS authorization.  Do I have that right?Just to make
myself a little clearer, I'm asking if it's best to disconnect my TranzPort
prior to altering the driver on the Novation and then reattaching the
TranzPort when I power up the Novation in the hope that doing this in this
order will keep my JAWS 10 authorization, ILM local key, in tact?
Kevin