[ddots-l] Mastering a finished project.

  • From: "Jim Jackson" <cs2005@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 23:49:07 -0500

Hello all, I have tried to record a project with no vocals and have converted
that recording to audio via the bounce to track command.  Once bounced to track
completes, I then add a little reverb and then export the file in to a wav
file.  I import the project in to Sound Forge and add a little highs frequency
boost and some compression to the project and save as a file to burn to disk.
However, I can never get things just right, it's either too much base, not
enough highs, too little volume or too much volume.  Other than hit and miss
kind of action is there anything or any instructions that I can find that will
give me step by step directions on how to master my project?  Thanks
Checked by AVG Free Edition.