[ddots-l] Re: How accessible is the Garritan Personal Orchestra?

  • From: "Phil Muir" <ddots@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2007 08:31:03 +0100

Mat wrote: I am still not convinced about the usefulness of HSC. I understand
it is
quite a complex system to master, and that considerable knowledge of Jaws
and window-based software architecture is required to make it work
successfully.

Phil replied: rubbish.  You clearly haven't taken a look at HSC at all.  If you
had then, you would
be making such ridiculous statements like this.  HSC is a very powerful set of
Jaws scripts that can
be plugged into Jaws.  Creating HSC sets is a breeze.  Add to that the fact
that it's a system that
has been proven to work across systems and has very powerful features such as
colour recognition.
For example, if a button changes colour then, you can have HSC speak a specific
message such as
"button x enabled."  Also, if your in the fortunate position of having sighted
assistance then, you
can create a huge amount of keyboard accessibility, within minutes.  For
example, I have almost
completed HSC sets for a number of plug-ins for Sonar 7 that would otherwise be
totally inaccessible
for us.

Mat wrote: I am not a programmer of any kind, and the people I am working with
know
nothing about Jaws apart from the basics. They don't have time to learn HSC
and how it works, and neither do I.

Phil replied: I wouldn't say I am much of a programmer ether.  That's the point
with HSC.  You don't
have to be.  You run a wizard and that's it.  Sure you can do more advance
things with it if you
know how to write functions however, even some of those are pree written and
can be chosen from a
list.

Mat wrote: We're looking at a combination of Kore and the Auto-hotkeys software
because
it seems the easiest option. Whether it will work or not we don't know.

Phil replied: that's fine however, don't write something off that you haven't
bothered to thoroughly
research before commenting.  There's nothing to stop you installing HSC and
running the HSC sets
that have already been created.

Regards, Phil Muir
P J Muir Productions