[ddots-l] Re: Dimension vs hypersonic

  • From: "Bryan Smart" <BSmart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2006 16:48:03 -0500

You can't use any of its interface.

You can use the hyperknobs, though, cause they're connected to MIDI CCs
16-19 and 80-81. You just program your controller keyboard so that 6 of your
sliders or knobs send these controllers. I have a control map on my Axiom
for HS2. The sliders send filter cut-off, filter res, hyperknobs 1 through
6, and portamento time. The sliders send attack time, release time, mod
attack, and variation tone (all which are standard old MIDI CCs). I don't
need to use the Hypersonic interface.

None of these synths permit complete access to all features. HS2 provides
enough for me, though. Just select a preset, move the knobs/sliders, and see
if you can tweak the patch into something that you can use. Whatever you
stumble upon, it will be automatically saved with the project.

Bryan