[ddots-l] Re: Connecting two interfaces, cable doubt

  • From: Rui Vilarinho <ruialby@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 22:13:33 +0000

Good point. this Avid 11rack conection was developed for:
line output  to amp, mixer or  P A  .
It's coming out the Rigg sound and that's exactly what I want since  I dont
enjoy much stereo guitar recording .
Should be low level output, do you agree  ?
 I just found a similar cable around my studio, and this one it's  only a mono
Jack to mono XLR  !
Both seems to do the same result, no noise issues and testing this last set up
with the mono jack within Sonar most of recording levels input are around minus
14, one or two clean riggs came close to minus 6 . It seems that no Rigg is to
loud which is fine .
Anyway exist the minus 10 pad on each pre amp if necessary  right ?!

Thanks a bunch,
Rui Vilarinho