[ddots-l] Re: Connecting two interfaces, cable doubt

  • From: D!J!X! <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 16:16:29 -0500

You need to make sure impedance matches. If the line out is a balance mono
out, you should be fine. If the cable run is short, you can do this with a
regular ts or trs ¼ inch cable. The problem with running it to xlr is that
those are usually set for low line mic pickup/input, and if you feed it a
high level or line level output, it might distort the sound, or in worst
case, damage your pre-amp depending on the output level/volume.

HTH, D!J!X!