[ddots-l] Connecting two interfaces, cable doubt

  • From: Rui Vilarinho <ruialby@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2015 19:34:36 +0000

Hi folks,
If I'm not missing  anything should be ok to use a cable that I have around,
it has got:
male stereo  Jack to balanced  XLR ,
And my aim is: I want to direct out from Avid 11rack mono line out, female
jack, and using the refered above cable I want to direct the sound to one of
my XLR MAudio Profire 2626 inputs.
 Well I know that since the male jack is stereo it will only send the left
side right ?  the source is  a mono line out  though !
Well, the doubt is: is it possible to lose sound quality?
 or it's fine ?
Rui Vilarinho