[ddots-l] Re: Computer speakers quit working

  • From: "D!J!X!" <megamansuperior@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2009 13:59:42 -0500

Sometimes I've seen motherboards that have the front audio head phone jack
and the line in jacks. Well these have a cable that goes from the front of
the computer case to the back where the onboard chipset is found and plugs
in there. If this cable is not properly plugged in or not plugged in at all,
this can cause the card to stop producing sound. It is due to the cable
controlling the status of the onboard rear jacks, as when you plug in a set
of head phones to the front of the case, the rear jacks automatically get
disabled so that sound comes only through the head set. If your previous
case had this feature, and this 1 doesn't, that might be what's giving you
problems... Is this a custum made pc or is it bought from a vendor like hp
or dell??? I say this because I've seen this problem occured on these types
of computers that I've had to repair before.

HTH, D!J!X!

  _____