[ddots-l] Computer speakers quit working

  • From: briantunes@xxxxxxx
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 18:24:46 -0500

My client, Nick Baker,?recently had a new computer case put on?his PC, and
suddenly we're getting no sound from the PC speakers, which he uses for the
system, JAWS, internet, and media player?audio.

The speakers hooked to the M-Audio Audiophile still work fine for his
Caketalking project audio, so we've?got JAWS?speaking through these for now,
but working on projects is troublesome this way.

We checked and double-checked all connections, went through the device manager
for his?sound system settings, ran the troubleshooter, checked connections both
inside and out again, restored the system to before the installation of the
case, checked the system volume to make sure it didn't somehow get muted, etc.
- still no sound from the PC speakers.? The speakers have power, the green
power light is on, and we do hear the expected clicking sound when tapping on
the end of the speaker jack.? Same sound card, same cables, same everything,
except it's a brand new box.?? Everything else with the computer works fine,
and it's a nice brand new case.? How could changing the computer case suddenly
cause the PC speakers to quit producing sound?? What more can we do to
troubleshoot this?

Brian Packard