[ddots-l] Re: Batch conversion of SONAR files and sadly where to move.

  • From: "Phil Muir" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 17:28:51 -0000

Well if you can locate a mid 2014 MacBook Pro then, you will be good to go with
running Windows 7 under Bootcamp.

Regards, Phil Muir

Accessibility Training
Telephone: UK+44-1747-228-459
Mobile: UK +44-7968-136-246
E-mail:
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

_____

From: ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On

Behalf Of Kevin Gibbs

Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 5:02 PM

To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: [ddots-l] Batch conversion of SONAR files

Guys,

I realize I am getting ahead of myself with this question. However, at
some point, I'm g
oing to
have to migrate from SONAR to some other DAW. When

I do that, ideally, I will want to have access to decades of SONAR projects

which contain a mix of MIDI and audio.

I realize that I can export all the audio to WAV files. I suppose I
could export all the individual MIDI tracks or save them as MIDI type1.

Ideally, it would be cool if it were possible to do a batch conversion
from CWP to some other combination of formats that would give me each

project with the MIDI and audio content somehow related and intact. Doing

this on anything like a one at a time basis would simply be nuts. My only

reason for keeping some version of sonar around would be to
have
access to

all this old material.

Any ideas?