[ddots-l] Re: Batch conversion of SONAR files and sadly where to move.

  • From: "Phil Muir" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2015 16:21:09 -0000

Steve wrote: I'd rather stay with sonar if at all possible, mostly because I
don't want to have to learn another program. I am currently using sonar 7.2 and
it does everything I need it to do. My worry is I have Sonar 7.2 on an XP
computer, using jaws nine. If the accessible Sonar is still available, I will
also have to update JAWS scripts plus by a faster computer, add to this the
price of jaws, Will Apple be any more expensive for me? Thinking maybe Logic
Pro X

Phil replied: if it's doing all you need then, I would probably stick with
that. As for Logic Pro X, could be a good option in the future however keep in
mind that there isn't an HSC equivalent on the Mac so we would be starting all
over again with regard to developing access for plug-ins such as Superior
Drummer 2. Also, most likely we would need to develop similar solutions for
every softsynthe in Logic in order to fully utalise all of it's features. In
theory we could develop a solution using Quick Keys on the Mac however, haven't
had a single request for this. As for purchassing a MacBook Pro, the cheapest
way to do that would be to purchase a refurbed one from Apple. Am using one
here and it's great and was significantly cheaper than purchassing a new one.
Plus, apple warranty those.

I guess in theory we could also develop softsynthe access for synthes in Pro
Tools using Quick Keys but again, not one person has asked for this and I
wouldn't be able to create an accessible solution for free :-(

Regards, Phil Muir

Accessibility Training
Telephone: UK+44-1747-228-459
Mobile: UK +44-7968-136-246
E-mail:
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

_____

From: ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ddots-l-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On

Behalf Of Kevin Gibbs

Sent: Friday, October 30, 2015 5:02 PM

To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Subject: [ddots-l] Batch conversion of SONAR files

Guys,

I realize I am getting ahead of myself with this question. However, at
some point, I'm g
oing to
have to migrate from SONAR to some other DAW. When

I do that, ideally, I will want to have access to decades of SONAR projects

which contain a mix of MIDI and audio.

I realize that I can export all the audio to WAV files. I suppose I
could export all the individual MIDI tracks or save them as MIDI type1.

Ideally, it would be cool if it were possible to do a batch conversion
from CWP to some other combination of formats that would give me each

project with the MIDI and audio content somehow related and intact. Doing

this on anything like a one at a time basis would simply be nuts. My only

reason for keeping some version of sonar around would be to
have
access to

all this old material.

Any ideas?