[ddots-l] Re: Are we speculating or do we know what is really happening?

  • From: <ivanlopez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2011 19:02:11 -0700

What I am understanding is that accessibility issues with  companies
are to be dealt with on a case by case basis, but then there are those
companies that are simply not interested in making there products
accessible to blind folks.

For the latter case I think the U.S. Federal Government should require
manufacturers of American products to insure that companies do make
efforts toward making there products accessible, or else give those
company some kind of consequence.

The problem we may come across even in the event that Federal law is
passed to make music software accessible to the blind, is that U.S. Law
would not be able to influence foreign manufacturers of music production
products and gear.

In the mean time I am sitting on my computer desk figuring out how to
access all the parameters in Z3tar+ that no one is apparently interested
in making accessible.

I have looked at the Z3tar+ manual and I want to delve in the process of
making HSC sets for Z3tar+, but part of me wonders if it will be even
possible with all the GUI stuff that Z3tar+ has.

I think I will wait till Z3tar+2 comes out because I don’t know if the
interface of Z3tar+2 will change from the previous version. Ah, got to
love my music hobby.

Cheers!

Iván