[ddots-l] Are we speculating or do we know what is really happening?

  • From: <ivanlopez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ddots-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jul 2011 07:59:12 -0700

I am hearing folks say at least three different things regarding making
software blind user friendly: If some companies do not make blind user
software on the basis of difficulty, that is one thing, if they don’t
do it on the basis of misinformation, that is another, and if they
don’t do it because it is something they can do but they just don’t
want to do it, that is another.

For reason one, acceptance of the temporary dilemma is viable, for the
second, as someone pointed out, if we blind folks know it will be an
easy fix, lets educate the companies, if the 3rd is the reality, we
might want to consider a civil rights rout.

However, it looks like there is lots of speculation with the reality we
are facing: are companies really not making their software user friendly
because it is difficult? Are the companies not making their software
accessible because they need more information because they lack
expertise? Or are they not doing it on the basis of arbitrary or
capricious action? Who really knows? I don’t