[softwarelist] Re: SyncDiscs again

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 20:05:55 +0000 (GMT)

Ok - following up my last post, I should get my brain in gear before
dashing off a posting. I thought about it while at the dinner table
this evening with a bottle of red wine, in the process being accused
by my wife of being (a) in a grumph because I wasn't very talkative,
and (b) being away with the faeries (is that a scottish expression?)!

SyncDiscs is first and foremost a wimp task, so it isn't going to
matter how it is launched, once registered as a task it will be
independent of the taskwindow and so will behave no differently than
normal.

I guess what would need to be done would be to extract the code for
the 'sync engine' and make it into a simple binary. The front end
would esentially remain as before to set up paths and options, but
could then launch the binary via the taskwindow module, and it would
then multitask correctly under control of the taskwindow module.

Well, that requires the original source code and time to modify it,
so I guess it is back to David.

Chris...

--
Chris Johnson