[softwarelist] Re: SparkFS and (application) directories in tars

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 15:15:38 +0100

In article <53725a33dachris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> In article <ABUX$gAi2Q9RFwWz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
>    David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Tar has a configuration setting that lets you set how (or perhaps
> > if) filetype info is saved (see choices)

> Right - I will set it up properly then.

I have now repeated the tests with correct tar behaviour. Used pages
from ROOL forum (full saves) as per original description.

Create tar using SparkFS
Check contents - appear fine
Forget archive
Open tar and check contents - appear fine
Quit SparkFS (Filer and FS)
Restart SparkFS
Open tar and check contents - appear fine

Files are correctly named and typed and saved page reloads.

This is with SparkFS 1.43, RISC OS 5.21 (13-7-13) on Iyonix.

From these tests things seem to behave as expected.

--
        Chris Johnson