[softwarelist] Re: SparkFS and (application) directories in tars

  • From: Chris Johnson <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 11:53:08 +0100

I have done a few quick trials. I get different behaviour than you
(Frank). I find that the contents of the tar seem fine when produced.
If you then 'forget' the tar and then reopen, the filenames are still
correct, but all the filetype information has been lost, all files
being typed as text. Never having produced a tar before, I assume
this is incorrect. I am using SparkFS (v. 1.43) to produce the tar in
the first place. The version of the tar module is also 1.43.

I am quite happy to try further tests if that would be any help.

--
        Chris Johnson