[softwarelist] Re: SparkFS and (application) directories in tars

  • From: Frank de Bruijn <davidpilling-sub@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 22:31:48 +0200 (Custom)

In article <NkDEG1C$el9RFwF$@pilling.demon.co.uk>,
> However if I was going to do more work then I'd add rename.

Not having it doesn't really bother me that much...

> As to the Tar problem - obviously a way of producing the problem would
> get you a fix for it. From the symptoms it seems like something gets
> stuck.

> As a first step one would d.i.v.o.r.c.e. the problem from Netsurf,
> because there is the potential for whatever is getting stuck to be in
> there.

I honestly can't see how that could be. NetSurf creates a directory with
a set of files somewhere on the disc, I create a tar and drag that
directory to the viewer, creating a copy in the tar. How could NetSurf
possibly get involved with what happens to that copy after that?

> There are tools like Acorn's FSBash for testing file systems if you
> want to prove it is a SparkFS problem.

I may do that, but as I wrote this morning, I've gone back to using
zips. Thanks anyway.

Regards,
Frank