[softwarelist] Re: OvPro for Windows

  • From: JayCee <jaygcee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jun 2007 16:45:21 +0100

In message <MXwPDEEaBWZGFwrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> In message <474e0bee4e.jaycee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, JayCee
> <jaygcee@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
>>error 'empty input file' appears.
>
> This comes from the JPEG rendering code - clearly different on Windows
> to RISC OS, where it is built in to the OS.
>
> So there is a JPEG image in your document which is raising an error. It
> might well be that on RISC OS the file is silently ignored. It would be
> interesting to know what is odd about the JPEG.
>
> Yesterday you said the error was "empty document" which triggered my
> line of thought about a corrupt file.

After a long process of elimination I have found the JPEG that is
causing the trouble. It works fine apart from that.

It was originally a BMP file which I converted to JPEG with
!DPlingScan.

I now have to take a decision which I never wanted to take and that is
whether to change completely to Windows XP as I cannot justify running
two seperate systems and I have a lot of input come in the form of DOC
and XLS files these days as well as having to use windows for web
browsing to be reliable. I am still reluctant about moving but at
least I know it is practical to do so now - I shall give it a couple
of months thought in a hopeful wait for announcements of an upgraded
Iyonix.

--
JayCee