[softwarelist] Re: OvPro and PNG

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 06:23:51 +0000 (GMT)

In article <3Ic3rVBmYY4HFwgV@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> In message <4f82a67102dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes
> <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >since an update to TransFSI (Feb 2008) where the !Setup overwrote my
> >personally crafted !Setup (Steam now issuing from my ears).

> Maybe you could publish your !Setup for the greater good.

Hey! You guys are the 'Xperts, I'm just a user/abuser of
computers/software, so I know nuffink about anyfink.
Probably a greater good would be served if I wasn't the grumpmaster, but
there y'go, each has a burden to carry.

Dave S

My best guess would be this.
With so many different RO version/CFSI versions on the go...
Test the version of CFSI you have on your machine, by that I mean, take a
collection of small graphic files of the sort you mostly use, see if CFSI
will accept them.
If it will, you can then add that file type to the TransFSI !Setup file,
assuming it's not already part of the default set.
My only interest is PNG, so I have...

*********************
| Sets up types and server variables for TransFSI
Set TransFSI$Dir <Obey$Dir>
Set TransFSI$Path <TransFSI$Dir>.

Set File$Type_695 GIF
Set File$Type_69C BMP
Set File$Type_C85 JPEG
Set File$Type_FF0 TIFF
Set File$Type_B60 PNG  <<<<<<<<<

Set FFGServer$TransFSI -T &695 &FF9 -T &69C &FF9 -T &C85 &FF9 -T &FF0 &FF9
-R TransFSI$Dir
Set FFGServer$TransFSI_2 -T &B60 &FF9 -R TransFSI$Dir   <<<<<<

(Without the angle bracket)

I also guess I should do as the Help suggest, and make a copy inside
TransFSI with a different name, but of course it would be much easier for
the lazy (Me included) if an update didn't overwrite existing configs.

GD