[softwarelist] Re: OvPro and PNG

  • From: Martin Wuerthner <public@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 13:17:32 +0100

In message <4f81ace5d9dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Ovation Pro for RISC OS v6.06

> I have a number of PNG files I want to put into frames within an OvPro
> document, It will not do it.

> Why will it not do what I want?

Presumably because you have not told it that you want it (see below).

> The OvPro TransFSI filter is seen and active.

By default, the TransFSI filter does not handle PNG files. You need to
set it up to do so (see !TransFSI.!Setup). The reason is that not all
versions of ChangeFSI can handle PNG files, so TransFSI cannot assume
that as a default.

> As I needed to complete the document this evening, I've had to convert
> them all to another graphic file type. Bummer!

Which is what the import filter would have done anyway, so you have
not really lost anything in the end result. And for each it is only an
additional drag to convert it. Both !PngToSpr and !SprToPng can be
used to convert PNG files to sprite format.

Martin