[softwarelist] Re: Ov Pro windows

  • From: David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 17:50:01 +0000

Hi,

In message <51a1599f6cdave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
If you have anything to add, please do.

I read my code the wrong way around earlier today. All that stuff about
'multiuser' having mysteriously got the wrong value was total nonsense.

What I should have said was that the key:

<HKEY_CURRENT_USER\\Software\\Microsoft\\Windows\\CurrentVersion\\Explore
r\\Shell Folders\\AppData>

must exist, and from your last posting you didn't have it. The conclusion is that your changes yesterday removed this registry key, and system restore didn't put it back. I'd also expect some other software to depend on its existence.

 post: David Pilling, P.O. Box 22, Thornton-Cleveleys, Blackpool. FY5 1LR. UK