[softwarelist] Re: OPro error message

  • From: Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 16:08:03 +0100

In message <4l0FhjB+4nXSFw++@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Hi,

> Might be a false memory, but ISTR on one version of RISC OS that
> dialogue for setting file permissions, only allowed setting, it did not
> show the current setting for the file. You'd change the values, and then
> the dialogue would come back showing whatever the defaults were.

I just tried it on 5.16 on the Iyonix.

With a file on the ADFS filesystem, the settings do change when the
control is re-entered.

With a file on LanMan98 (2.00 05-Oct-2008) the settings are always
shown the same. Whether this is the default I don't know, but looking
at the Windows side, I can see no evidence that it has changed
anything.

I have been assuming that LanMan maps the Windows permissions to the
RISC OS ones. I can't see anywhere to store the RISC OS specifis
information within Windows.

--
Alan Adams, from Northamptonshire
alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx