[softwarelist] Re: OPro error message

  • From: Bev & Ross McGuinness <farmstay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 23:48:54 +0800

In message <8d88949b53.Alan.Adams@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
          Alan Adams <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In message <4l0FhjB+4nXSFw++@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>           David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Hi,

>> Might be a false memory, but ISTR on one version of RISC OS that
>> dialogue for setting file permissions, only allowed setting, it did not
>> show the current setting for the file. You'd change the values, and then
>> the dialogue would come back showing whatever the defaults were.

> I just tried it on 5.16 on the Iyonix.

> With a file on the ADFS filesystem, the settings do change when the
> control is re-entered.

We are using 5.19 on the arminiX and the same user setup as we have
done for years. Whilst the work is stored on a Win machine all the
work is generally done on the RISC machine.

We are using !Omni and while it may not be perfect it has not caused
any problems (that I'm aware of) in the past.

--
Ross and Bev McGuinness, Cinnamon Coloureds Farm Cottages
1800 South Coast Hwy DENMARK  WA 6333 Tel:+61 8 9848 1781