[softwarelist] Re: OPro error message

  • From: Bev & Ross McGuinness <farmstay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 09:25:36 +0800

In message <mpro.mupvu4001c19302cs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.invalid>
          Jeremy Nicoll - zf freelists
<jn.fr.lsts.74@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Bev & Ross McGuinness <farmstay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>>Using OPro v2.77u on an ArminiX. There are a number of chapters in a
>>book (file sizes: 5,626,124 bytes, 1,813,032 bytes) that have suddenly
>>come up with an error message when we try to open them.

>>Message from OPro
>>access denied

> If you look at these files using the RO filer, have they been set so that
> they are protected from opening, ie "Locked'(if I remember the terminology
> correctly)?

Hit the jackpot! Thanks very much. In Access details 'Public write'
had been set to 'No'  On setting this to 'Yes' the file will then open
but when I go back to the access details it has reverted to 'No'

So "Thanks" - we can at least access them now - my wife thinks you are
wonderful for suggesting that ;-)

>>Of the three chapters giving this message I managed to open one on a
>>Win machine.

> Do you mean via VA or VRPC or rpcemu (ie an emulated RO machine, with the
> emulation running under Windows), or do you mean using OvProWin?

OProWin on a Win machine which acts as a 'server' to the network.

> DO you mean trying to open the exact same files, or copies of them copied to
> the Windows machine?

Opening the exact same files that are stored on the Win machine that
is our 'server' with a 1Tb HDD and all our work on it.

What would cause the the file to switch the setting to 'No' - there
are a dozen chapters, all being worked on concurrently, so why would
three of them suddenly become 'locked'? It attacks my sense of logic!

--
Ross and Bev McGuinness, Cinnamon Coloureds Farm Cottages
1800 South Coast Hwy DENMARK  WA 6333 Tel:+61 8 9848 1781