[softwarelist] Re: Fonts again

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2011 14:15:58 +0000 (GMT)

In article <eMZyVeBeRL5OFwZB@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> In message <A5FA03A4DD614C05A7C85E0E558D5E51@Shuttle>, Bruce Goatly
> <bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes
> >know that I've converted RO to PS in the past because my PC has some
> >fonts on it

> The RISC OS printer driver converts RISC OS fonts to PostScript.

> Converting fonts to PostScript is not difficult, OP for Windows has to
> do it.

> One route must be, print font to PostScript, find tool that extracts
> fonts from PostScript - this latter tool can be on Windows/Linux/Mac, so
> a lot of scope.

I have no idea how to print a Font to Postscript on RO, so some tips on
this would be very helpful.

This 'latter tool' exists on my Linux Ubuntu box, FontForge, but to be
honest I find it a rather trivial tool that again, hardly ever comes up
with the goods.

> This subject has come up before. ISTR someone having a copy of of Dr.
> Fonty that does the job, and Dave Symes having a copy that won't. In
> other words looking at the list archives may help.

AFAICR. It was me, again on Fay's behalf, but we were attempting to get a
Tt converted for RO.

I could be wrong, as my brain is mush ATM.

Thanks
Dave

--

Dave Triffid