[softwarelist] Re: Fonts again

  • From: M Harding <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 15:43:01 +0000 (GMT)

In article <518dec1a1edave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

[ . . . ]

> The problem is not really an OvPro problem, if the fonts are
> available OvPro will have a bash at using them.

> The font I've been playing with is at:
> http://www.triffid.co.uk/dstuff/Fonttest.zip

> I am aware it has a limited character set.

I've just set up a dummy copy of Font Directory (the original version,
not the Pro One, which would have been trickier to do - i.e. I can't
remember where the original is!)

Using a Kinetic RISC OS 4.03, the Ice Bergman sample gave no problems
at all. OvPro behaved impeccably of course; I had no problem looking
at a sample display of the whole font in FontDir; and I printed it out
without problems both using Printers 1.6 and also CCs' TurboPrinters.

So that may have narrowed the suspects either to RO 6.x or to the Easy
Font Pro software? The font itself seems no longer a suspect.

I've sent Dave a screenshot separately.

Best wishes for 2011,
Michael Harding
Rev. Preb. M.D. Harding   riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx