[softwarelist] Re: Converting documents to Quark

  • From: Robert Greenfield <monster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 21:58:20 +1200

On 13 Jun, David Pilling <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I'm considering writing some software to help, if I do that I want to
> make the software useful for the users of Ovation Pro.

> I can load the documents into Ovation Pro, the question is what format
> to save them out in?

I don't use any DTP/graphics apps except on RISC OS so from my idealistic
viewpoint:

A few months ago I mooted the possibility of Ovation Pro and Artworks
interacting more closely and could a possible route to Quark be:

OvPro -> Artworks -> Xara product that can open Artworks file -> into Quark

This idea relies on Xara reading multipage Artworks2 files.

My other question (again from my idealistic viewpoint) - could the
publishers really not handle using OvationPro themselves?
I really like using OvationPro (and Artworks), so I concede that I am
quite biased...

regards,

--
Robert Greenfield