[ctw] Re: ASSP and MAPI question

  • From: Rick Hazey <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 13:01:35 -0500

On Apr 20, 2009, at 10:10 AM, Rick Hazey wrote:

Some of our end-users connect to our email servers via MAPI, which I don't believe uses STMP for sending. Is anyone else here using MAPI? How will this affect ASSP since outgoing email won't pass through ASSP. I'm concerned that it might affect ASSP's ability to whitelist etc....

It seemed to me that using an additional MTA might be a solution. I found this on the ASSP wiki:

http://apps.sourceforge.net/mediawiki/assp/index.php?title=Exchange_2007

It's specifically for Exchange but the concept should work with other email servers.

Rick Hazey
Octet Industries, LLC

Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctw post: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx