[ctw] Re: ASSP and MAPI question

  • From: webcatalog@xxxxxxx
  • To: ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2009 11:27:17 -0500

Why wouldn't you send ti through assp?

On Apr 20, 2009, at 11:25 AM, Rick Hazey wrote:

On Apr 20, 2009, at 10:48 AM, Tom Shaw wrote:

Yes and no. If they send via MAPI then they missout on the autowhitelist but they can get a blocked report every day and click on release/whitelist as well as using another email interface to whitelist users. Of course you can manually whitelist.

hmm. This made me realize that our webmail users will have the same problem. Outgoing email will never pass through ASSP. Let's assume that all outgoing email will NOT pass through ASSP. How does this change it's effectiveness? Is it a bad idea to do this?

Rick Hazey
Octet Industries, LLC
Circle The Wagons
manage: //www.freelists.org/list/ctwpost: mailto:ctw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx