[cst_2014_board] Re: Fwd: 2013 check

  • From: Trish Biggio <jmtmom@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cst_2014_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 08 Aug 2014 19:59:25 -0600

Marlene is right about the times, sheets,etc.  When the rest of the hell broke
loose with Lance, he looked right at me and told me how upset he was with "his"
ad being not seen by parents of the little kids.  I assumed that the other
advertisers would be upset, too.  I ripped out all of the ads and taped them up
all around the pool.  Lance was a little happier at that point.  I apprecoated
help from parents and swimmers who helped tape up these ads and then take them
down.

Trish Biggio

Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device

<marlene.j.hutton@xxxxxxxxx> </div><div>Date:08/08/2014  6:34 PM  (GMT-07:00)
[cst_2014_board] Re: Fwd: 2013 check </div><div>
wrong in the original heat sheets because coaches were using times from our
first meet of the season.  When some Collindale parents saw this, they
complained (understandably) because it meant their kids were not with
appropriate competition.  Then Maddie tried to alter everything immediately
before the meet, but only altered the first day.  (We did try to warn  her that
fixing the first day only would not solve the problem the second day.)
Kimberly actually altered the programs at the last minute to match what Maddie
gave her, but then when some parents saw that the second day of the program
still had the seeding issues, we couldn't go back and actually reprint the
program again, and Maddie tried to fix it with new heat sheets the second day.
(And all hell broke loose, because the parents from other teams could then see
that their swimmers were often affected adversely because of the changes to our
kids seeding.)  The issue with Lance's ad, is that parents were actually only
using the program for the first day of the meet, because the original program
was entirely wrong for the second day.  I think FAST had also arranged for
their ad to be by the second day events, thinking it would be seen by families
of younger swimmers.

Thanks for following up on this, Lisa!

Marlene

On 8/8/2014 5:54 PM, Lisa Hubert (Redacted sender lisabhubert@xxxxxxxxx for
DMARC) wrote:
Does anyone remember this?  I know we had to print and reprint programs last
year, but I don't recall what the programs looked like for the 10 & unders day.

So far, 3 businesses are reissuing new checks for us totaling $175.  I'm
waiting to hear from the other businesses that total $225.  Then there is
Lance's $150...

Lisa

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Lance Holter" <lholter@xxxxx>
Date: August 8, 2014, 5:41:52 PM MDT
To: <lisabhubert@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: 2013 check

Maybe the check wasn’t cashed because the ad wasn’t run as it was supposed to
be.  It ran in the first day of the program, but on the second day heat sheets
were printed and the ad was not in it.

Date: 8-Jul-13
Written to Collindale Swim Team
Amount:  $150
Memo:  FAST ads
Account: x883

Thank you for considering this old matter.

Sincerely,
Lisa Hubert
Collindale Swim Team Treasurer