[cst_board] Re: Adding a Meet

  • From: Lisa Hubert <lisabhubert@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cst_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cst_board@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 13:23:02 -0600

I vote for adding another team to an existing meet rather than adding a
Wednesday meet. Will adding a third team cause the meet to run too late for
Collindale pool to open on time?
Lisa

On Apr 16, 2015, at 11:11 AM, Amanda Nerbovig
<amanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Heidi,

Are you referring to the Intrasquad meet on the 6th? I thought that was
considered a successful meet? Other than the rain that is. I thought it was
helpful for a lot of the newer/younger swimmers to have a chance to be at a
meet without a lot of pressure. Again I thought it was really helpful for the
younger swimmers, even when they were cold :) I think that's a good meet to
keep.

Mackenzie makes a good point about the number of meets we already have. And
again, I thought there was a desire to NOT have Wednesday meets? Am I wrong?

It seems like we're scrambling to add another meet but we're also happy with
the schedule we have? Mackenzie's idea to add SCCA to one of our previously
scheduled meets seems like the best of both world.. It gives a smaller team
another chance to race but doesn't put us in the predicament of finding
Wednesday volunteers.

best,
Amanda

On Thu, Apr 16, 2015 at 7:05 AM, Heidi M Mechtenberg
<heidimarie.mecht@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Yes MacKenzie, all your points are valid. One possibility is to nix the
first interested meet for a "real" meet. Granted this takes away a Saturday
meet and puts in a Wednesday meet, but it does spread things out a little
more.

I haven't heard from everyone yet. I would like to get this resolved today
if possible
Heidi

On April 15, 2015, at 9:21 PM, MacKenzie Lindstrom
<mackenziel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,
Always exciting to ear other teams want to come swim us! However, we already
have a full calendar and I am feeling very hesitant towards adding another
meet. I'd be fine with adding another team to a pre-existing meet date. In 7
weeks we have 9 meets, which based on last year is about 4 more meets than
the majority of our member will attend. My vote is to ask these other teams
to attend a meet we are already hosting so we can try to cut back on some
volunteering needed during the week and to avoid watering down the meets we
already have on the schedule.

Thank you,
Coach Mack

Sent from my iPhone

On Apr 15, 2015, at 8:36 PM, Amanda Nerbovig
<amanda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi Heidi,

I'm fine with adding a Wednesday meet. I was under the impression that
there was a desire to avoid hosting anymore meets on Wednesday from a
volunteer standpoint.

If that's not a concern then I think adding a meet is fine. Probably the
24th to avoid trying to find volunteers the week of July 4th.

Best,
Amanda

Envoyé de mon iPhone

Le 15 avr. 2015 à 6:12 PM, Heidi M Mechtenberg <mechtenberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
a écrit :

We've had several requests from teams wanting to come to us on either
Wednesday June 24th or Wednesday July 1. It seems most teams are trying
to fit something in on those days.

What are your thoughts...asap. I am fine with the schedule we have, but
if you all are up for hosting another Wednesday meet, I will invite these
teams.

Heidi

--
Amanda Nerbovig