[cryptome] Re: Scottish Independence?

  • From: Aftermath <aftermath.thegreat@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <cryptome@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Sep 2014 15:33:02 -0700

I dont think theyve considered it either unlike Ecuador or Iceland, but
they could still have paper money by using QR codes on paper and and
creating exchanges to exchange fiat to digital.

The new proof of steak method is far more efficent and arguably more secure
than the proof of work that first gen cryptocurrencies use so massive
distributed mining and electrical consumption wouldnt be an issue..

On Monday, September 8, 2014, doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> [...]
> bringing the subject up...
>
> Kind Regards,
> Dougie.
>

> On 08/09/14 21:44, Aftermath wrote:
>
> as far as their national currency, its not unheard of for a country to
> atleast CONSIDER the use of cryptocurrency.
>

> On Monday, September 8, 2014, doug <douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx
> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','douglasrankine2001@xxxxxxxxxxx');>> wrote:
>
>> Hi Silent1,
>> I am a member Yougov, but they didn't give me the chance to vote in any
>> of their polls on Scotland.   Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that the
>> "Yes" lot are using such tactics...I dare say, so are the "No" vote...who
>> is the biggest.  And why is it all so urgent...tomorrow is another day.
>> Long before the referendum, I watched the various debates in the
>> parliamentary committees on the Scottish question...one could see then how
>> the arguments were going to pan out.  I loved the currency question, when
>> it came up at in the Financial Committee.  Completely flummoxed the
>> Scottish Civil Servant, I was surprised that Salmond got caught out on it,
>> he is a wiley politician if there is one.
>>
>> It will be interesting to find out how the social media has been used by
>> all the Parties, institutions and organisations, and how much it will
>> influence the outcome.  I dare say that some academic will be doing a
>> report on it.
>>
>> Regarding The West Lothian Question...I fully agree.  I don't see why the
>> M.P.s representing Scottish constituencies should be allowed to vote in the
>> Westminster Parliament on what are English questions.   The issue has been
>> raised many times by the Scottish nationalists,  they drew Cameron's
>> attention to the contradiction, but it was ignored, too busy fighting and
>> funding foreign wars and supporting the U.S. and the Al Quaeda Liberation
>> Front in Syria.
>>
>> If Cameron had paid more attention and put more money into the kitty,
>> then perhaps his Conservative/Liberal government and their "Better
>> Together" cronies would be in a stronger position, both in England as well
>> as Scotland.  English Nationalists, little Englanders and UKIP popping up
>> everywhere.
>>
>> I loved the crack made by a member of the public at one of the debates
>> between the Scottish P.M.  Alex Salmond and the "Better Together" leader,
>> Alistair Darling.  He asked Mr. Darling why we weren't better together now,
>> rather than getting on better in the future...difficult one to answer...got
>> a big laugh...:-).
>> ATB
>> Dougie.
>>
>> On 08/09/14 19:15, Silent1 wrote:
>>
>>> Just a small note regarding polling, a lot of the yes voting camp were
>>> getting people the sign up to yougov (the main referendum polling agency) a
>>> few months ago so it can't be taken to be all that accurate.
>>> I'm indifferent to Scotland leaving or staying I'd rather the West

>>> Dougie.