[CTS] Re: Setting UP a Wireless Network

  • From: Vernon Balbert <vbalbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 18:45:10 -0700

Based on earlier messages regarding this, my first reaction is: are the two cards using the same wireless protocol; i.e. 802.11a or b or g?

Kim/Dreamspinner3 wrote:

I've installed the Siemens wireless cable router model SS2624 to my PC--it
is working because I can connect to the internet, obviously.  In my other PC
I've installed a D-Link Air wireless network card model DWL-520 and Windows
XP says the device is working correctly.  Yet the second PC is not
communicating with the router and I don't know what to do next to make it
so.  Help!
Kim/Dreamspinner3
Homepage: http://members.tripod.com/dreamspinner3/
ICQ: 48547727