[CTS] Re: Old DOS Programs on XP Home

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 05 Jun 2004 08:09:58 -0700

While you are correct, it is usually *highly* recommended that Win9x be
installed first. Also I have a question, how can you manage to install
XP with a 1mb partition?

On Sat, 05 Jun 2004 01:06:15 -0700, Vernon Balbert <vbalbert@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> had
this to say:

VB> Actually, you don't need to have Win98 installed first.  Just make sure
VB> that the primary partition on the first hard drive is a FAT partition.
VB> It doesn't even need to be very big.  In fact, for most drives you can
VB> make it the minimum size a partition can be and you can do it.  (You
VB> need at least enough space to hold the boot files.  A 1 MB partition is
VB> large enough.)
VB>
VB> Vern

Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage - SP

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm