[CTS] Re: Moving On !

  • From: "Owens, Jack K. \(Mission Systems\)" <Jack.Owens@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 15:27:30 -0500

There is one other thing you could try.  You could try finding an
external IDE HD case that the front could be removed to allow access to
the zip drive to insert and remove the actual zip disks.  The external
case then would connect via USB port and be portable to any computer you
have.  You would not have to crack open the computer case reducing your
risk for damaging anything important.  These run between 25 and 50
dollars depending on the vender and model.  There was a post that came
in after I started this reply that warned against buying HDs from eBay.
I have to agree that buying a used or new drive from eBay is a crap
shoot.  With the price of HDs, you should really think about buying a
new one.  It doesn't have to be the same model or size of the one being
replaced.  My two cents.

        From: Owens, Jack K. (Mission Systems)