[CTS] Re: Eric

  • From: "Charles R. Buchanan" <crbgfblab@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: computertalkshop@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 13:48:41 -0700

I fully understand where you're coming from, but I can somewhat see what
the guy is saying because for the longest time, I didn't have an AV
program running, and I only run it now when I remember to run it. :-O
It's (once you think about it) not that hard keeping your system free of
the nasties, especially if you're the only one using it. A good program
like Mailwasher and some common sense goes a long way. For example, I
would go out on a limb and say that 99.7% of that 76% opened attachments
from people they didn't know. Or visiting websites that the average
person wouldn't, or wouldn't dream about going! :-O

And to top it off, this is AFTER all the warnings about doing that, they
STILL do it! <shrug>

You're right...idiots!  :-)

On Wed, 17 Aug 2005 07:28:03 -0500, "Tina" <chapman@xxxxxxxxxxxx> took time to
say the following:

T> 76%??  Holy cow!  It is unreal in this day and time that there are that many
people out there that not running av!

T> My brother in law told me once, "my friend, who *knows computers* (eye roll)
told me that an antivirus isn't necessary."  I looked at him, with my mouth
hanging open and said, "first of all, he knows squat about computers, trust me,
I've seen yours, second, don't send me any mail from your home address until
you install an antivirus or I'll just start bouncing it back to you until you
do."

T> Idiots.. the world is full of them, eh.
T>
T> Tee :)

"I've got some bad news for you sunshine,
Pink isn't well, he stayed back at the hotel"

List HowTo: http://www.computertalkshop.com/faq.htm