[citw150] Re: Lesson 3, Question 5

  • From: link zelda <uncannystudent@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2005 10:01:33 -0800 (PST)

luke,

you don't have to use paypal to use ebay. you can use paypal to speed up your
payment schedule. you can use any form of payment with ebay, not just paypal.
you can use bidpay, paypal. money orders and cashier's checks. i use (sell) a
lot on ebay and you are not limited to just the paypal account for ebay.

jase
dickinsl@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Alright, this is a crazy hoax, I know because it happened to somone I know =
real well and there going thorugh all of this. So I warn all of you this i=
s true and beware of it. If you use PayPal at all, It's a service on the W=
WW to let you buy things in a smae manner, It's very secure and I recommend=
getting an account there. But here is the whole thing. To use ebay for e=
xample you must use PayPal. Well some hoax email have been sent around say=
ing at the subject of the email, need additonal information for your paypal=
account. Well when you go into the email, it will say at the top, to the =
valued PayPal customer, that gives away the haox right there. If PayPal is=
to send you an email, it will have your full name addressing you, not valu=
ed PayPal customer. Then it will send you to a haox webpage that appears l=
ike paypal pager, but look at the url, it will be changed slightly from the=
origanl site. When you put in the information, that allows the person tha=
t made the haox to have access to your credit card and information.. Letti=
ng them open up other credit card accounts so you get the charge and they c=
an buy things with your card online. Now this has happened. Beware, the p=
erson lost 5000 $ in cash and it is being investigated. Also the person li=
ved in Romania. It's crazy. So just watch out for these things. The pers=
on had to cancel everything opn her name and put a seize on it, so no would=
could open up anything on there name. Not even they could. So all and al=
l... BEWARE!!!! PAYPAL HOAX IS A LARGE PROBLEM!!!

Luke Dickinson