[citw150] Re: L3 Q5 - Online Dating

  • From: TeAnna0713@xxxxxxx
  • To: citw150@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 15:56:42 EST

In a message dated 2/18/2006 1:16:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,
oosterba@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Online dating, that just says societal issue  involving the internet.

_Http://msnbc.msn.com?id?3078729/_ (http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3078729/)

The dating  world itself is changing along with the use of the internet.
Internet  dating sites, like Match.com, have become a multi-million dollar
industry.  People all around the world can look up potential dates just as easy
as
finding a new recipe for chicken.
Some people may  consider this a weird or at least different way of meating
new people, but  many are doing it.  Over 6 million people a month visit
match.com,  surfing through the 3.25 million profiles.  Not only are all kinds
of
people checking this stuff out, but apparently it works too.  75 times a
month, Match.com users marry eachother, taking, if you do the math, at least
150
users out of the system.
While I 'm not quite ready  to jump on board, I am still single, and maybe
I'd look better "on  paper".

Alan Oosterbaan

____________________________________
_Yahoo!  Autos_
(http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=38381/%20ylc=X3oDMTEzcGlrdGY5BF9TAzk3MTA3MDc2BHNlYwNtYWlsdGFncwRzbGsDMWF1dG9z/*http://autos.yahoo.com/index.html
) . Looking for a sweet ride? Get pricing, reviews, & more on new  and used
cars.

I had an aunt who met her husband this way, and they're still  together. And
I have a friend who has tried them numerous times with no  luck.

TeAnna Taphouse
TeAnna0713@xxxxxxx (this is the one for  Listserv)
teajorwolf@xxxxxxxxx
A careless word may kindle  strife.